027: Red Rooster Harlem Seeks Service Manager/Sommelier
Red Rooster Harlem is thrilled to be a part of Harlem’s vibrant community, alongside local legends like the Apollo Theater, Studio Museum, Sylvia’s and the Schomburg Center. Red Rooster Harlem was named after the legendary Speakeasy that was located at 138th Street and 7th Avenue, where neighborhood folk, jazz greats, authors, politicians and some of the most noteworthy figures of the 20th Century – such as Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., Nat King Cole and James Baldwin – would converge to enjoy drinks and music in an inviting atmosphere.
Award-winning chef and cookbook author Marcus Samuelsson was the youngest chef to ever receive two three-star ratings from the New York Times while at Aquavit as Executive Chef. In 2010, Marcus was the winner of Top Chef Masters, Season 2 and also served as the guest chef for the first State Dinner of the Obama Administration.
Red Rooster Harlem is seeking a Restaurant Manager with Sommelier experience who is passionate and wants to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth.
• Coordinate Daily Front of House Operations
• Prioritize Superior Service and Guest Satisfaction
• Over wine service and staff wine training
• Knowledgeable of daily restaurant walkthroughs compliant with NYC Health Codes
• Ability to lead pre-shift staff meetings
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Create employee schedules to ensure adequate staffing at all times
• Participate in all required manager meetings
• Adept at required Administrative Duties
• Must be able to manage unexpected problems from Guests and staff members
• Minimum of 4 year management experience in a casual/fine dining restaurant
• Must be punctual with scheduled shifts
• Must be able to effectively communicate with team members and guests
• Will be required to work a flexible schedule
• Strong knowledge of and passion for wine and spirits
• Maybe required to work extended hours when short-staffed
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time
• Ability to lift 20 lbs.
• Food and Beverage Knowledge a plus
• Working Knowledge of POS Systems
• Basic Math Skills
• College Degree or equivalent
Full time position for immediate hire
Equal Opportunity Employer
Red Rooster Harlem
310 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027